Friday, July 21, 2006

Mister Man doesn’t get it / and my new ‘stop smoking’ buddy

We’ve been married for 26 years…through thick and thin, riches and poverty and riches again. He is my best friend and we laugh more then we fight (which for me is a hugely important thing) but he turns into a complete idiot when I’m sick. I’d blame it on the fact that he’s a guitar player but then I’d have to go into an entire litany of guitar player jokes and nobody really wants me to go there. ;)

Useless comes to mind. Love him…. crazy about him, but he’s useless when it comes to illness and here I am with one that isn’t planning on going away.

When I ended up in the hospital a few years ago due to a grumpy gallbladder (had to have it removed, stuck in the hospital for 4 days) Mister Man came to see me twice…. each time he lasted maybe ten minutes before he would get uncomfortable and restless and well just down right annoying. My daughter told me later that he sat with me after the surgery and that he looked pale and scared so I went easy on him.

When I was diagnosed with thyroid disease it became an unspoken ‘thing’ between us. He knew I was taking medicine for it but it just wasn’t something he had to deal with day in and day out.
When the diabetes diagnoses hit me out of the blue and I started testing obsessively it really wasn’t something he could ignore. It was in his face…there were strange medicines sharing cabinet space with his shaving cream and toothbrush. There were boxes of lancets and test strips and then of course there was little ol’ me announcing my BG levels every five minutes…kind of hard to ignore that. BUT HE TRIES…. bless his pea pickin’ little heart. He signs deeply at the mere mention of the ‘D’ word…. his eyes roll back in his head ever so slightly and this glazed look flushes across his face.

He loves me…. I’m certain of that. He’s just not going to ever be able to deal with my diabetes. Of course that doesn’t mean I’m planning on suffering alone…oh hell no. The medicines stay next to his razors, the meter lives on the nightstand, I’ll continue to test within eye shot…and he’ll learn to live with the dreaded ‘D’ because I’ll have to learn to live with it.

Bless his pea pickin’ little heart.

OH…I now have a ‘stop smoking’ buddy! George! Thanks George what a great idea…Go here pat him on the back and encourage him along in his non-smoking ways.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonsalesstore.com/]louis vuitton outlet[/url][/b] Work on your communication expertise. You may have to seriously enhance your communication capabilities due to the fact a big part with the position calls for being a team participant. Especially, you need to understand how to speak with superiors and fellow workers. When, these are highly-priced just be certain will examine them with outstanding, you learn it correct in terms of selling price. LV makers create the new patterns LV Males which derive through the business emblem Louis Vuitton Trip cruise Selection Galliera Amalfitana design and style. I am going to suggest a Jimmy Choo Nino darkish louis vuitton stockholm reptile-consequence leather-based wallet to a chic place of business sweetheart.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonstoreoutlet.co.uk/]www.louisvuittonstoreoutlet.co.uk[/url][/b] The deal with is additionally created to effortlessly connect to your D ring. The Cotton canvas vintage-inspired lining and Cosmic Blossom can be a creation of Takashi Murakami for Louis Vuitton. The brilliant and affectionate will necessarily deliver you considerably focus and admiration through the group.

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonstoreoutlet.co.uk/]louis vuitton uk[/url][/b] The reasoning of finding older with just about every passing day is actually a mere perception as age barely issues in case the head remains youthful and blooming with all joy. It is rather purely natural of the grownup one who fantasize about his/her birthday celebrations as birthdays are the big day in anybody's life. Birthdays would be the time and energy to go away aside all problems and basically celebrate with all coronary heart..

[b][url=http://www.beautifulbagsstore.com/]louis vuitton official website[/url][/b] Ways to enjoy and edit Canon FS MOD video clips on Mac before sharing with my family and friends? Canon FS collection and camcorders are types of preferred Canon SD camcorders. The Canon FS Sequence camcorder like Canon FS300, Canon FS200,Canon FS100, Canon FS10, Canon FS11, Canon FS30, Canon FS31 could be the flash memory conventional definition camcorder which captures movie with MOD style and MPEG-2 compression. Having said that, the captured video clip in MOD style is incompatible with Mac-friendly programs like QuickTime, iMovie, FCE, and so forth..