Thursday, June 22, 2006

Just a quickie from the sickie

Yes I’m alive and semi-well. I had yesterday off and had a wonderful day. Walked for an hour with J, came home and slept like the dead. Got up this morning and made breakfast for Sweetness & Light, got dressed and headed to work and immediately got sick…. throwing up hugging the great white Buddha sick. WTF? Since I haven’t done anything differently and Sweetness and I ate the same thing for breakfast and she’s not ill…. all I can think is it’s one of two things. Either my meds hit me wrong this morning…. or (and more likely) I just have a twenty-four-hour bug.

So…. not able to keep anything in my stomach…. everything including water comes right back up. (And yes I am trying to eat and drink something, even though the mere thought of it makes my eyes roll back in my head from nausea) SO….how do you keep your BG level when you’re sick as a dog?

I’m grabbing my stuff and going home, climbing back into bed and wishing for death. Because. This. Sucks.

1 comment:

George said...

Make sure you check your sugar all the time right now! This happened to me to years ago as a little stomach flu and I ended up in ICU with DKA. Not a pretty site.