Thursday, June 15, 2006

Morning Numbers

truly if I never had to hear those words again I could die a happy camper. I suffer from a fun little anomaly called ‘dawn phenomena’ which is really just a fancy way of saying…. my blood sugar sucks the big one first thing in the morning.

Seriously I can go to bed with a level of 98 and wake up with one of 138…. I can fast…. nothing changes. I can eat a snack so my liver doesn’t dump…. nope my liver has a mind of it’s own…. nothing changes. I have asked advice and tried all of the suggestions and nothing changes. No big deal you say…. well maybe in the big scheme of things it’s not, but it does set up the rest of my day with highs and lows that often take into the afternoon to straighten out. 138…. eat and jump to 180, watch my numbers drop like a rock to 80 and eat lunch. My body feels like a truck has hit it.

No one has a solution for this fasting blood sugar nightmare…. what works one day may not work the next. What works for one person may not work for another person. Gotta love that aspect of diabetes.

I’m tired today…. feeling drained and ready to just climb back in bed and call it a day. Problem with that is it’s only 10:30 in the morning and I’m at work. But I’m short of breath and just not feeling right. So in keeping with my meter obsession I tested and am at 135….three hours after eating one egg, two pieces of sausage and one waffle with sugar free goop on top. I’m clammy and sweating like a pig. Maybe my numbers are dropping like flies.....or maybe it's all in my head.
Either way this promises to be a interesting day.

No comments: