Thursday, July 13, 2006

I’ve been slacking

I haven’t felt motivated in about a week. I also haven’t felt one hundred percent either. Not sick sick just unwell…. tired and stomach-achy. I have no idea why but I’m going to deal with it until my appointment with Dr. N next week.

Today was part two of my diabetes education class…. we finished in record time because there were only two of us. I was done and back at work by 10am…. can’t say I learned much that I didn’t already know, but I went and according to my CDE going to these classes improves my chances of controlling my diabetes by 30 percent. So go me….

I’m doing research on three drugs that I want to talk to Dr. N about, Starlix, Prandin and Byetta. In true anal retentive fashion I have printed out information sheets on all three, have called my insurance company to make sure these are covered by my plan and what tier that coverage is and have talked to my pharmacist to ask if they have these routinely in stock. No use entertaining the possibility of using a drug that I have to pay full pop for or have difficulty getting. I also checked to make sure that none of these cause weight gain. Starlix is ‘weight neutral’, Byetta actual helps with weight loss, Prandin is the only one that doesn’t mention weight on their web site or on any of the other sites that I can find anyway, but I’ve been told that it’s very much like Starlix so there’s hope that at the very least it’s also weight neutral.

And file this under “Ain’t that just my luck”:
My scale and my CDE’s scale don’t see eye to eye….in fact they are 4.5 pounds off. This has me a bit depressed. Ok not depressed as much as just plain pissy. Weight at home: 160….weight at CDE office: 164.5.

1 comment:

Randi said...

i found your blog while I was looking for info on byetta. I started it a month ago and its like a wonder drug. My bs is under control, my weight is dropping and Im never hungry. Prandin is only for post prandial( after meals) bs. You have to take it 15min before a meal and it helps control your bs after meals. If you dont eat enough you can drop really low. Thats happened to me a few times. Are you on metformin?