Saturday, August 05, 2006

Random stuff for a Saturday

It’s been so hot here that walking in the evenings is a pain in the butt. I have issues with sweating…hate it…. but it isn’t cooling down much at night and last night it was still 90 degrees at 8:30 so Joyce and I forgo the walk and I rode my exercise bike in the semi comfort of my bedroom with AC humming along. I say semi comfort because my wall unit AC in the bedroom is on its last legs and spitting out lukewarm air at best. Keeping my fingers cross that it makes it through the summer since I can’t afford to buy another one right now…. and I really HATE to sweat, don’tcha know.

I broke down and bought 3 new (to me) pair of shorts yesterday at our local ‘Thrift Town’. $4.99 a piece and then 50% off of that and no tax because it’s a tax free weekend…. score! None of my old clothes fit anymore and I was sick of the baggy derelict street urchin look…. ok not THAT bad but close. My shirts I can deal with being a bit too big but the pants falling off wasn’t a look I was going for. I’ve gone from a size 18 to a size 14, which is a loose comfortable fit. And pretty soon I’ll be able to crack walnuts with my thighs…:-p

The city left a notice on Joyce’s door last night that we need to boil our water. Didn’t leave a notice on MY door…. hit every single one of my neighbors…. but not my house. I’m pissed beyond belief. Had this been a bigger city where often neighbors don’t know each other I would have never found out. The granddaughter and I drink a ton of water…. the dogs drink a ton of water…Mr. Man drinks…. ahh…. well I drink a ton of water. I’m grabbing a 10-gallon water bottle from work, which should get me through until Monday.

This morning I was woken by a bellowing sound coming from the bathroom…. it sounded something like….”hey…we’re out of damn toilet paper” which was my cue to grab the first thing I could find to wear, tie my hair back in a ponytail and I headed out to hunt for TP. Thinking I’d kill a few birds with one stone I picked up a few gallons of water so Mr. Man and Sweetness and Light won’t dehydration before I get home from work, the TP and then because deep down I’m passive aggressive and I’m not at home with Sweetness today…. some chocolate donuts for her to have for breakfast. While I was at the counter paying the clerk I noticed that the security camera was focused on my butt…. ok not just my butt, but I got a full-length picture of ME from the back. It took me a minute to recognize that it was indeed ME…. I mean there really aren’t a lot of pictures of my backside out there…. Thank the Gods. For the first time in a long time I didn’t look and cringe. I’m thinking that’s a step in the right direction.

My mother (hi mom…:::waves::…) told me about this I’ve actually had Agave before…. Agave Margaritas are to die for….oh so yummy. But I hadn’t thought to use it as a sweetener. I’ll have to check it out since I loath the taste of Splenda.

Thanks all for now….

1 comment:

Lori Rode said...

Cool! My diabetic husband just fed me, another diabetic, non-diabetic pina coladas for a late night snack. Great-tropical fats plus sugars. Just what the both of us need. (eye roll) I'm also down in size from an 18 to about a 12 now. It's very exciting!! I can't get rid of the big clothes yet. It's a superstitious thing to make sure I don't need them.